10 December 2012

The Russian winter

This is the one of the  most used free shawl patterns on Ravelry.
Originally it is from Lion Brand LB Collection OnlinePatterns -South Bay Shawlette. And I had to make it.
I know, I don't need more shawls and hats, but I couldn't resist.
This is so simple and easy project. I finished it in one day.
The pattern is written for advanced intermediate skill level but I think that advanced beginner can manage it. Quick and simple.
If you use mohair yarn as I did, the shawlette will be so soft and light, like a snowflake.
Size: 60cm x113cm
Yarn: 1 skein = 546.0 yards (499.3m) 
 Angora Gold Simli –Alize
(75% Acrylic10% Mohair10% Wool5% Metallic)
Hook size: 4mm
I added silver glass beads at the border. 
The first association when I finished it was Russian winter. :)
I am a big fan of Russian composers and writers, but that is the other story.
So, I will leave you now with this waltz. Enjoy!
Dmitri Shostakovich - Waltz No. 2

No comments: