31 May 2016

Sew Many Dresses, Sew Little Time: Gray suit dress

Sew Many Dresses, Sew Little Time: The Ultimate Dressmaking Guide by Tanya Whelan
What to say: Amazing book!
Since I saw this book last year, I knew I have to buy it. And I bought it in January this year. Since then the book is on my night table. Every evening I am planning my new dresses. Do you think it is weird?

I simply adore the idea of the book; with several easy and basic patterns you can make over 200 dresses.
I have been sewing for many years now. I have hundreds of Burda magazines and patterns. But, this book is so practical, so simple and so handy. It allows you to be creative, to use the maximum potential of the fabric you are working with. There are patterns for 6 skirts and 8 bodices, plus an additional 4 sleeve styles and 4 necklines. From this you can create up to 219 dresses. Isn't that fantastic?

For my first attempt I chose suit wool fabric from my stash.
I used the basic bodice pattern, the straight skirt and long sleeves. This is a basic long sleeve sheath dress with a back zipper and back vent.
I made very lovely office appropriate suit dress. Now, I just need the office. :)
I'm not sure I'm going to wear this dress, but this sewing project was great for testing pattern and fittings. More dresses coming soon!!!
Dress: Book-Sew Many Dresses, Sew Little Time by Tanya Whelan
Shoes: Deichmann
Necklace: from my Etsy shop - Lady Lina
https://www.etsy.com/listing/201243075/black-pink-crochet-collar-choker-chain?ref=shop_home_active_17

No comments: