31 August 2016

Floral cowl neck dress

My second project from the book: Sew Many Dresses, Sew Little Time by Tanya Whelan is this floral summerly viscose dress with cowl neck bodice. 
Beautiful draped cowl neck is very flattering and elegant, and in combination with  gathered dirndl skirt makes very  nice sundress.
For fabric that has a lot of drape the book suggests to cut the cowl bodice on the bias. In my case and for my fabric that was not a good choice. One side of the bodice is pulling too much up (or down) so the dress is a little bit asymmetric. Next time I will avoid that. Yet, I like the  pattern and probably will make one more dress  next summer.
Pattern: The cowl neck bodice pattern is paired with dirndl skirt pattern from the book: Sew Many Dresses, Sew Little Time by Tanya Whelan.
Fabric: floral viscose

No comments: