01 August 2009

"Simple little black dress"


Here it is!!! My first project from Japanese sewing book -Simple chic.
Original pattern is this simple little black dress no.3.

The pattern is very simple and easy to follow. Attached pictures are enough and understandable.
There are three sizes for each model.
I took smallest size 9( B: 90cm W:74cm H:104cm -for this model)
My natural waist is lower than in most size charts,so I always cut upper part of the dress 2-3cm longer . There is an invisible zipper.The fabric is medium weight cotton.
This model supposed the lining, but I skipped it. I used facings only around the neckline and arms.

Of course, my dress is pink/orange and with flower pattern. LOL


I 'm very pleased with this pattern. I am quite sure,one day I will sew little black dress from it.
From taffeta or silk probably.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, your dress looks great! Love that fabric - very pretty and feminine.

Leana said...

Black dress and floral printed dress both are looking so nice!! Fabric of this dress is absolutely beautiful...

Phoebe said...

Your dress looks goorgeous? Can you tell me where you got the pattern, or post a link?

Lina said...

Thanks Phoebe.The pattern is from the book Simple chic by Machiko Kayaki.
Here is the link:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/dress-up-dress-down-simple-chic-with-paper-pattern/1003445494-0-0-0-en/info.html